Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Weeks 12 - 13: Our Naming Process and the Big Announcement

Week 12:

Started out this week with my first "Mom realization" moment. So much to date has been about getting the baby in there, that I haven't really given too much thought to once the baby arrives. I was walking to the bathroom at work (surprise!) and realized that even though I will pretty much look like the same person, I will be a completely different person in seven months. Just a weird self-perception moment.

This week went back downhill with the fatigue. I was definitely exhausted a lot again. I feel like I have more stamina though, or maybe I am just tired of being tired so I am fighting it more.

I also felt my uterus for the first time, and it is still tucked low and center in my pelvis. Which confirmed that I am in fact just fat right now and not pregnant fat. (Granted it is mostly due to being pregnant, all the extra eating and not having moved much physically for almost two months now, ugh)

I have had a lot of questions from the few people who do know about the pregnany about if we have any names picked out. We initially had some names we liked, but since getting pregnant I think we are very open minded. The two things we do know, to help narrow it down, it that we don't want a top 25 baby name (I have the predicted 2013 baby name book) since that pretty much guarntees our kid will share a name with classmates. We don't want anything from the Bible. We are not religious and don't want a traditional name. We decided we won't actually finalize a name until the baby arrives. We will get a couple names picked out and pick one once we see the baby and figure out what fits best. We also decided all of the names will be between just Dylan and I. There were a couple good points on my June 2013 baby forum, including that the more you tell people the more opinions you get on the name, including things like "I knew this person with that name that was awful" or "I had a dog with that name." None of that is actually helpful, so we will announce when we actually have a name and that will be the final decision.

In terms of gender, I think Dylan and I are actually getting more split on what we want. Lol. In case you didn't know, I want a girl and Dylan wants a boy. I know we would both be happy with either in the end, but if we got to pick... Although I think a lot of Dylan really wanting a boy is just because I want a girl, so he likes to tease me about it. I just feel like I would be so lost with a boy and I really have no desire to have someone obsessed with their "goods". I know that sounds terrible and there's no helping it, but it terrifies me. I know I eventually want to have a boy, but it would be nice to be a little more comfortable the first go round.

Oh, and my sister is leaving me for Billings, Montana for an absolutely fantastic job offer. As a result, I have decided we are having eight kids. Really I wouldn't have more than four, but eight sounds more dramatic. I don't want my children to feel abandoned by their siblings and feel alone. I also don't want to be childless myself and have all of my children leave me.

Week 13:

We had our second appointment and ultrasound on November 21. The timing couldn't be better since we were planning to announce on Thanksgiving! The ultrasound was for the nuchal translucency screening, which measures for down syndrome, etc. The real reason I wanted to get it was for an excuse to see the wigglebug again! Everything was measuring great and we will get the results of the blood test early next week. The ultrasound was amazing. The baby is really starting to look like a baby (where as last time it was mostly a big head and body). It was moving its arms and hands around a lot, before it went to sleep in a position where the tech couldn't get her measurements. After laying on my left side for a bit, I rolled back over and it was definitely awake again. It was stretching its legs out and pushing off the side of the placenta/uterus and sliding back down. At least it is very self-entertained at the moment. It was so cute and such a fun appointment. No luck seeing any indication of the gender!
Chilling out

Stretching its legs out

View of the face. Looks a little creepy since it is mostly all bone, but cute at the same time!

We told all of our family this week too! Wednesday we told one set of Grandparents (my dad's dad) since we weren't going to see them on Thanksgiving. We kind of surprised them by calling and asking if we could some over in ten minutes. They were obviously very excited! It was also really nice to see them since we don't usually see them for Thanksgiving. For my dad's mom, we were going over for Thanksgiving with pretty much all of my dad's family. I took a poem I found online (adjusted slightly) and made a card for my grandma and got a picture frame to put an ultrasound picture in. I had my Grandma read the card out loud in the middle of dinner. There was definitely a lot of crying! It was super cute and everyone was so excited! I had one of my aunt's in Nebraska read the same poem out loud at Thanksgiving there and there was also a lot of crying. It is so nice to have all of my family know!

Here is the poem I adjusted:

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss.
I don't yet have a name.

Not yet can you hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.


But all that will change come June 5th;
When they say I am due.
I am your newest great grandchild;
And I can't wait until I meet you!

All I ask between now and then
Is your love for me to grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait;
Just think of all the joy we'll know!

So as you're waiting for me to arrive,
Please try to do so patiently.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family!

 
Baby Otley is expected to arrive June 5, 2013! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'll be telling work on Monday and then I can finally start blogging again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...