Wednesday, September 5, 2012

She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain

One thing we have been doing quite a bit this summer is hiking. I even hiked my first fourteener!

We went up to Silver Dollar Lake on Guanella Pass in July:
 
 
 



Then about two and a half weeks ago we went up to Mount Beirstadt, which has an elevation of 14,060! It took about 5 hours to complete. I am more of a two to three hour hiker, so a long hike was a big deal for me. It was a ton of fun and a great experience!



It was absolutely beautiful! It was a great morning, but early. We were up there and hiking by 6:15am. It was a couple of my cousins, one of their friends, my sister, Dylan and I.
We even saw a moose! I had never seen a moose before! I didn't have my macro lens, so I couldn't zoom in any closer, but the black thing in the water is a moose, I promise.
I had so much fun hanging out with Goose! We had a lot of fun with my camera too.


 After 2 and a half hours we made it to the top!

The elevation: 1-4-0-6-0!
 
 I don't think it will be on my to-do list to do a fourteener again any time soon, but it was a great experience!

Then about a week and a half ago Dylan and I went hiking up at Golden Gate Canyon with one of our favorite couple friends and their dog. I didn't get any pictures of all of us, but it was a pretty hike!

It has been so much fun being outside and getting to enjoy time with Dylan and the puppies. There are so many new places that I have never been to and it is always amazing how many beautiful places there are in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...