Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Husband-less Weekend

Dylan was out in Lincoln, Nebraska visiting his family and friends for the long weekend, so I was on my own. I think this was the first time I was home all weekend without Dylan since we got married.

Typically Dylan and I do very well doing our own thing, and overall that was the case this weekend.

As much as I missed Dylan--the "I Love You"s, kisses, chats, and all, I mostly missed just having him around. He really is such a great husband and I really felt out of place having to do everything on my own. In the end I realized I am pretty spoiled.

When I was driving I had to unlock the door the to car myself. 99.8% of the time, Dylan drives. I hate driving. So when he was gone, I not only had to remember to sit in the driver seat, but I apparently forgot that means that I also have to unlock the car myself. All weekend I kept walking up to the car and then trying to open it, looking around for why Dylan hadn't unlocked it yet and then finally fetching the key out of my purse so I could unlock it. Lame.

The worst part was that I had a girls night Sunday night and I decided to make chicken tacos for dinner. Normally Dylan and I split the duties of cooking, chopping, drink mixing, etc. This time it was all me. And of course I needed more of something at the store, which normally wouldn't have been a big deal, except that there was only me so I would have had to been done with cooking 30 minutes earlier in order to go to the store without burning my house down. Fortunately one of the girls grabbed some more lime juice for our Pink Cadillac margaritas! Cooking by yourself is a lot of work! Dylan and I make a great hosting team, so when it was just me things didn't go quite as smooth.

My sister finally got her payback of always being the third wheel for Dylan and I this weekend. Her and her boyfriend came down and hung out with me Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Saturday we went up to Boulder and did a couple of brewery tours, which was really cool! Watching an adorable couple be all coupley did make me miss Dylan and miss having my own inside jokes to share with someone.  Plus he is my favorite person to experience new things with, so I missed not being able to enjoy the moment with him.

I am definitely glad to have him back so I can go back to being spoiled and sharing responsibilities again. Realizing how much I depend on Dylan made it worth it for us to have some time apart. Absence does make the heart grow fonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...