Sunday, September 9, 2012

25 Years

My parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary August 8th! The are celebrating by going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for two days and then going on a cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya this last week and they get back today.
I am super jealous but mostly really excited for them!

These days it really is a feat to be married for 25 years. My parents are such a great example of marriage. A couple things I have learned from them:
  • Every marriage is different and unique. 
  • That I am not the only one that tries to tell Dylan how to drive (My mom and I both learned we aren't the only ones at I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change
  • It is important to make time for yourselves, even and especially when you have kids and even when they don't want you to leave them. 
  • Be sure to laugh with each other.
  • Indulge each others hobbies, even if you don't always want to go do what the other person does, it is worth giving in every now and then. 
  • Listen to each other. 
  • Learn to pay attention to when it really matters to listen. 
  • Still always point out "your" songs.
  • Say I love you.
  • Don't be afraid to kiss in public
  • Don't be afraid to kiss in front of your kids. It is important for them to know affection between spouses. 
  • Balance each other out.
  • Help each other out when the other is stressed. 
  • Give each other down time. 
  • Look out for each other. Health-wise, emotionally, ...
  • Find a finance management system that works for you.
  • It isn't going to be perfect all day, every day.
  • Let the other person pick where to go out for dinner sometimes. 
  • Don't be too hard on your husband when he doesn't always know how to fix everything.
  • If you aren't happy, it isn't worth it. 
 
I am so proud of them for having such a happy and long marriage! And I am so excited for their next 25 years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...