Sunday, July 1, 2012

Paper Anniversary

We have made it a whole year of being married! (as of tomorrow, July 2nd!)

Being the first year, we decided to go the traditional route and exchange paper themed gifts. We ended up not doing much else since we spent a lot of quality time together last weekend up in the mountains and then it ended up being to hot to do much down here.

I went with what I was planning on getting Dylan for his groom's gift, but then we ended up being a little to tight on cash to merit gifts.

He received the 50th Anniversary leather-bound, gilded-edges fancy version of The Lord of the Rings:


It really is very pretty! Fancy maps and everything.

He ended up being the creative one and he got me the DSLR Photography for Dummies and Photographing Natural Parks:

His gift is absolutely perfect since I will be buying myself a DSLR camera probably for Christmas and one of the items on my Bucket List is to go visit all of the National Parks.  I am beyond impressed at how well Dylan does at encouraging me to try new things, expand my horizons and be a better and more well-rounded person. This has always been one of my most favorite things about him.

I feel like we have definitely grown together as a couple a lot this last year. We work hard and enjoy doing a lot of things together and have both gotten a lot of satisfaction out of improving our house and making it more of a home.

We have a lot of fun together and love spending time together adventuring or just chilling out at home. I have been very impressed with how well we manage to balance some together time, time with family, time with our respective friends, and time alone.

We take the time to get to know more about each other, because even after five years there are still things we learn about each other. 

Plus he is so freaking adorable who wouldn't want to be married to him?!

It has been a great year and we are both looking forward to the many more to come and the adventures they will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...