Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fancy Camera Time

After our trip to Italy I realized? decided? I want a fancy camera. One of those DSLR ones I think. I wanted to write before I did really any research, so I really don’t have much of an idea of what I am talking about. I only know about this type because Jen over at Caved In, now GingerGuide got one and her pictures are fantastic and I believe it is what Stephanie at Our Marriage Adventure has too.

I have had my digital camera for a good 4 years?  Maybe 6? I think I had since before I met Dylan now that I think about it… but it has worked very well. These days I pretty much just rely on my iPhone which takes great pics. While in Italy I only used my digital camera for the first three days since I filled my 1GB memory card that fast. I found that I really preferred my iPhone since it doesn’t adjust the lighting at all and takes a picture of what I see. This was great at night, in museums, for art, etc.

I still felt like I was lacking something to give me the crisp, sharp images I wanted.

I have played around with my digital camera a little bit (thanks to some things from Pinterest) to take better photos and adjust the settings, but it’s just not quite there. A lot of it is due to my lack of knowledge, but I also feel limited by the camera.

My only concern is having a big camera to lug around, but I really would mostly use it at home, for my blog, and for trips where I know I’ll be taking a lot of pictures.

I definitely plan on using my iPhone for most day-to-day pictures and that is great.

Now I am off to do some research, including talking to my grandpa about cameras and making getting a couple lessons from him. I was thinking maybe this might be a good Christmas present, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait that long, especially as I am blogging about it now and I’m sure I’ll want it even more once I do some research.

If any one has any tips of how you decided on your camera or anything of the sort, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...