Friday, July 6, 2012

Making Some ART

We had a pretty low-key Fourth of July. With absolutely no fireworks allowed it felt like a normal weekend day.

We went to the dog park and met a new elkhound!
.

In the evening we hung out at the local festival and ate and drank a bit while we watched the belly dancers. After that we went to see the new Spiderman, which we both really enjoyed.

In between all of that I worked on a craft project I started the weekend before when I had my girlfriends over for a crafting day. Here is what I ended up with!

Can you give me an "A"?!
 Can you give me an "R"?
 
 Can you give me a "T"?!
 
 What does that spell?!

This lovely project is hanging on the wall in my craft room behind my craft desk.
 

The best part of this project was that it was practically free!

I got the cardboard, which is the base for the letters, from the old TV box we had sitting in the garage since January. The paper came from the big pad of scrapbook paper a bought back when I made my scrapbook canvas art.

To create these I drew my letters on the cardboard, then used a box cutter to cut the letters out.

Then I took my scrapbook paper pad, found the designs I liked best from the selections of purple, pink and blue papers and then ripped the paper in to different, oddly shaped pieces. I then glued the pieces on using mod podge.

In order to hang them up, I bent a paper and hot glued it onto the back. I felt this was particularly genius of me :)
 

Ta-da! Now I have some great ART to start decorating the walls in my craft room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...