Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas Excitement


This is my first holiday season blogging!

I am already so excited about Christmas. We went and saw A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas last night, which was HILARIOUS! It was Dylan’s choice and I couldn’t complain since it gave me a head start on getting into Christmas which isn’t typically allowed to happen until the day after Thanksgiving per both Dylan and my Mom. I got to listen to Christmas music, see Santa on TV, and appreciate the holiday spirit, with 2 ½ weeks left until Thanksgiving! Total victory.

Christmas is my favorite time of year, by far. And I don’t even like snow or cold most of the time. The only time I do like snow is from Thanksgiving to Christmas, since it puts you in the Christmas spirit.

The main reason I love Christmas is that is means a lot of family time. Most importantly is time with my immediate family (Dylan, my parents and sister). We go shopping together (well we divide and conquer so we can shop for each other), make cookies, wrap presents, eat food, watch Christmas movies—all in preparation for the big day. We open stockings and presents together in the morning. Then there is a lot of time with my extended family. We have Christmas Eve at my Grandpa’s house; Christmas Day at some point we all go to my Grandma’s house; then we also see my mom’s sister and her family who live in town sometime on Christmas Day as well. It is usually a bit of driving around we get to see practically everyone and I love it!

This year will be a little different. My in-laws are planning on coming for Christmas. I am not sure yet how significantly this will change my plans, but I know they will not want to go to all of the crazy Christmas activities with me. It’s a little up in the air for now, but I still have a month and a half to get a little bit more of a plan going.

One of the other big change is that this year we own a house! We have decorated in the past, but we didn’t put anything up outside since we were renting. As you may be able to tell from my blog, I have fallen in love with all decorating. Combine that with Christmas, and according to Dylan “This is going to be a problem.” I am hoping to start a Pinterest board for Christmas and get some great ideas and then get cracking on some DIY projects and shopping!

Hope you enjoyed this little peek in my Christmas excitement! What are you looking forward to this Christmas? (It’s never too early to start getting excited, regardless of what my mother says!)

1 comment:

  1. Cynthia of Lincoln/Friends of the OtleysNovember 7, 2011 at 3:28 PM

    you should definitely make your in-laws go visiting your family with you!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...