Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Wish I Lived...

In Barnes and Noble.

Dylan and I went last weekend. I hadn't been to a book store to just bum around in at least 6 months, and more likely a year. I know I didn't even have time to make much of a book list for Christmas this last year.

But we did go last weekend and I remembered (not that I had forgotten, it was more of a re-awakening) that I freaking love book stores.

I had to buy our upcoming Bucket List Book Club book, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and since I finished the third installment of the Game of Thrones series, Dylan figured it was time to buy Dance of Dragons (the fifth book) so that he could be done with it before I needed it.

Dylan reads a lot at work (he is "on the phone" all day but not everyone answers, so he can read a lot during the day (it is fine by his managers, so no worries)) so I wanted him to get some new books as well since he has just been rereading books. (I have only reread a hand full of books, namely Harry Potter, so I don't know how he does it!) So Dylan found another series to check out.

I knew I wanted a book that would give me the history of the piano and how they work. And I totally found one! The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Thad Carhart. I am super excited.

The rest of it was a battle. There are SO many books that I want to read! My list I made from before is definitely still relevant, but I have added eight more books :)

Shanghai Girls by Lisa See: I have read several of her books and haven't read this one or its sequel.
Quicksilver by Amanda Quick
Class Warfare by Steven Brill: Non-fiction about the failures of the public education system in the U.S.
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares: Another Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book! 10 years after the last one.
Emperor of All Maladies; Biography of Cancer by Sidhartha Mokherjee
The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson
The Winner Stands Alone by Paolo Coelho
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything by Janelle Brown
I didn't buy any of those (hence why they are on my "to read" list), but I did buy Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand. I remember finding it awhile ago and wanting to buy it, so I finally have. I realized I have been reading a lot of fantasy recently and I wanted something that I could actually relate to, so I went for a regular fiction novel.

A good mix of easy reading, non-fiction, and fantasy/sci-fi. Cannot wait to eventually read them all! I just need the time to do so... always a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...