Monday, April 22, 2013

Nursery Progress during Week 34

Thanks to my parents we made some great progress this weekend! Dylan was at a bachelor party so my parents came over to help me out. My mom touched up the lines of the stripe, which looks excellent :) My dad and I put together the crib and grabbed us some Wendy's for lunch. After my mom was done we arranged the furniture then headed off to IKEA to buy the Expedit shelf for the changing table.

Dylan got back this afternoon and helped me do the last steps on the shelf. He felt a little tired (you know, after watching basketball and playing games all day Saturday while I worked on the house :) ) so he didn't feel like doing any of the next steps yet, so here if where we ended up this weekend!
View from the door
 
The pictures will go on the wall above the changing table. We bought them up in Breckenridge a couple weeks ago.
We got this cutie from my Aunt Sue
Love glass figurines and this is from Dylan's mom.
In terms of decorating and finishing the nursery we still have a decent list but things are coming along well with my original plan (here)
  • The glider should arrive Monday or Tuesday and we will need to put that together
  • Dylan needs to clean the window and install the blinds
  • I need to buy the curtain rod and make the curtains
  • Dylan needs to install the closet organization
  • I need to decide if we will put the original closet doors back on or if I will make curtains for the closet as well
  • We need to procure a crib mattress
  • We will mount the captains wheel above the dresser and a large sailboat replica on the other side of the crib
  • We need to commit to a quote for above the crib and decide if we want to order it or if I want to make it myself with my Silhouette
  • Add in a lamp, the ship clock/nightlight from Dylan's mon, and any other fun decor
  • Finally, I need to make progress on my rug, which will likely be just a 2'x3' rug in front of the crib or changing table.
I am so excited with how it is turning out! Hope you like it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...