Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 30: It's Gettin' Hot in Here

The newest development in my pregnancy has been the addition of hot flashes. I had the first one Saturday evening. I was playing a board game with my in laws and had a sweater on, due to the massive snow fall we had, but I started getting warm so I untied my sweater. Then about ten seconds later I had to fully take off my sweater. My mother in law said I looked very flush. And it has been downhill since then.
My first little boy :)
The snow is still melting, so I felt the need to wear boots and leggings today. It turned out to be a terrible idea. At 9 am I had an intense, sudden hot flash. I was at least able to take off my leggings (I had a skirt on), but it was almost unbearable to put my boots back on. I did though, but that is definitely the end of boots for the rest of my pregnancy. So not worth it to be warmer in the mornings while I wait at light rail. I had my fan on the rest of the day. Today's hot flash was the first time I felt ready to be done being pregnant. That feeling only lasted for a little bit, but it is probably a good thing we only have 10 more weeks.

Other than that, we had our 30 week check up this week, so some quick stats:

My Stats: Weight up another 4 pounds, in two weeks. Still no concerns from my doctor, but that puts me at about 32 pounds up. Since I felt like my belly got wider this week, I feel like I can point out the additional four pounds pretty well. My blood pressure was good, my blood test results from last time were good, everything is right on track!
Baby Stats: His heart rate was 140, so not too different from 134 last time. I asked our OB about her thoughts on inductions and c-sections, since that is what we have been talking about in our baby class. She is generally of the mind unless there are no options, she will work with us as long as we want to avoid an induction or c-section. One of the times where it isn't really an option is if he is breech (for those non-moms out there, that means he would not have his head facing down, and we want him head down for delivery). I mentioned I felt like he was still moving around a lot and our OB attempted to figure out what position he is in, without success. So we get to have an ultrasound at our next appointment to see what position he is in! I am so stoked to get to see him again :) We don't really need him to start being in position until 36 weeks, but I guess generally once they get head down they stay that way. I know this is not always the case, since my sister did a flip when they broke my mom's water. Really, I am just excited to get to see him and not have to wait a full (approximately) 10 weeks!

This week was also our last child birthing class. We both really enjoyed the class and learned a lot, but were glad to have it over. It will be nice to have our Monday nights back and I will be glad to not have labor dreams every Monday night. This class covered C-sections, which were quite terrifying looking. We were even only watching an animated version of a c-section, but that was bad enough. I guess one in three deliveries is a c-section, so there is definitely a chance I will end up having one, but it would be nice to avoid if possible. Overall in class I learned that it is best to be open minded about how your birth goes. Your birth is definitely your own, but it may not go how you would ideally want.
In nursery news, we are ready to start! (Check out the plans here) We went to Home Depot and bought our paint. Sailboat for the blue and Clear Skies for the white, no joke. We ordered the blinds for the room. Our current blinds are tied in place at half way up -- as in totally not effective. We ordered white cordless blinds so we don't have any cord safety issues (not that the crib is by the window anyways). We found the closet organization system we will get after we paint. The entrance for the closet is small and not a normal size (46") so we can't do bi-fold doors, which was my most recent idea, so we will likely stick with a curtain for now and just store the sliding doors in the basement for if we decide to go back to those. Also, the crib got delivered to my parents house this week and we just need to make our final selection on a glider so that can get ordered.
Overall feelings this week: Mostly just excited we are getting closer! And excited that I get to see him again in two weeks. I do wish I knew when he was actually going to make his arrival. Since you only have a 5% chance of delivering on your due date, that doesn't really help limit when he will arrive. Well we have a lot to do between now and then so we will keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...