Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daycare Searching Sucks

How has no one ever mentioned to me how freaking hard and stressful it is to find a day care?!

"Start to look for daycare" got added to my to-do list once we hit the 20 week mark. I had set myself up to start looking by the end of February. Well that is next week., so this afternoon I actually started.

I think I mentioned to Dylan at least three times that this sucks and I wish I could just stay home so I don't have to do all this research and make such a big decision. Unfortunately staying home isn't a financial option (or probably personally ideal either), so I have to keep moving forward.

Also note that Dylan didn't once offer to help or take over said search. Somehow I make the internet work much better than he does... And as much as I love Dylan, I think I would end up more stressed if he was coordinating the search since I would think he missed something.

While I have done several searches in Google about how to choose a school, I don't feel any comfort at all about how to make this choice.

We are pretty open to a larger day care center or a home day care. Both definitely have their pros and cons. Ultimately it will come down to having a place we feel comfortable with, that has the availability we want, and is in a reasonable location. Figuring out what places to look into is the hard part.  It's hard to judge a book by its cover (website) and decide they are worth looking into further. Plus a lot of home daycares don't really have a website to look at.

It is even more difficult when I know nothing about what my kid is like. How can I know who will be able to care for my kid well, when I don't even know how to take care of him? However, the fact that most places have wait lists and we will be starting day care right at the end of August/beginning of September, which is a high demand time, means I really need to get started sooner rather than later.

I have officially reached out to a whole three child care centers to get more information and set up a tour sometime in March. We'll see how those go and what else crops up along the way, since that was definitely just my first go round.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...