Friday, July 15, 2011

The Ceremony (A Lot of Pics)

After getting ready, we headed over to the Barn to do pictures. I will hopefully be getting those soon :) Since I don't have all of the formal pictures, we will move on to the ceremony.

While we were doing pictures, people started showing up, We got a lot of pictures with my dad's side of the family. So that was good. My plan was to go "hide" in the house at 5:30. So I go in at 5:30 and everyone is in the house. Not too big of a deal, but we did want everyone to go sit down so we could get the ceremony going at 6:00. So at 5:45 I had the boys kick everyone out. Overall it still didn't work well since people kept coming in and saying hi to everyone, but it all worked out in the end.

This is the Barn after being all decorated and before everyone showed up. It was even better then I could have pictured. Dylan's mom did an amazing job.
 Dylan and the groomsmen all lined up. From what I hear, the last two kept laughing...
My dad walking me down the aisle. When we were rehearsing the day before he kept telling me to walk slow. I think we did pretty good the day of.  

 Some of my bridesmaids. The ceremony was just about to start (as indicated by Goosie holding my bouquet)
 The officiant was one of Dylan's closest friends and we asked him to if he would marry us about 9 months or so before the wedding. I decided I wanted a "Friends" type wedding with someone we know marrying us. 

 I don't have any pictures at the moment of my cousins reading their poems, but here is what they read:

Walt Whitman
I do not offer the old smooth prizes,
But offer rough new prizes,
These are the days that must happen to you:
You shall not heap up what is called riches,
You shall scatter with lavish hand all that you earn or achieve.
However sweet the laid-up stores,
However convenient the dwellings,
You shall not remain there.
However sheltered the port,
And however calm the waters,
You shall not anchor there.
However welcome the hospitality that welcomes you
You are permitted to receive it but a little while
Afoot and lighthearted, take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before you,
The long brown path before you,
leading wherever you choose.
Say only to one another:
Camerado, I give you my hand!
I give you my love, more precious than money,
I give you myself before preaching or law:
Will you give me yourself?
Will you come travel with me?
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?

This is each of us saying our vows to each other.
 You can tell I was really appreciated Dylan reading our vows :)
 Our vows:
I, Rachel,  choose you, Dylan, to be my husband, my best friend and partner, my lover and biggest supporter, my shoulder to cry on and person to rejoice with.  You are my closest friend, the person I rely on, my daily inspiration, and the love of my life.  I promise to love you the way you are; to accept the things you believe in; to always try and understand you; and do everything I can to make you happy, successful, and comfortable, so that you can live a fulfilled life-as an individual and as my partner.  I promise to be faithful to you and honest with you, to believe in you and believe in us, to give you my love and trust, my acceptance and respect, and to share with you laughter, my hopes and dreams.  These things I promise to you today and every day, for all the days of our lives.

 Then we had the ring exchange.
 I had so much fun!
 I now pronounce you husband and wife. You can now kiss the bride!
 This was my victory exit! WOOT! "I'm a Believer" by Smash Mouth came on and we jammed out!
 After our recessional, we went inside and did a champagne toast.

Then it was back outside to appease the masses and be showered in glitter and bubbles. "It is my honor to introduce Mr. and Mrs. Dylan Otley!"
 (OK a little out of order) This is the wedding party decorating our sweet getaway car. The car was actually one of my BMs brand new car and she was nice enough to drive us :)
 This is us getting into the car and unleashing the balloons.
That is the ceremony start to finish! The total ceremony time from the beginning of the bridesmaid processional to the beginning of the recessional was 8 minutes. My uncles all appreciated the length and most everyone else did too.

The weather was perfect too. It was overcast and then it started sprinkling right after the ceremony. It is good luck to have rain on your wedding day.

So much fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...