Monday, May 21, 2012

One Year House Anniversary

Friday was our one year house anniversary! We closed on our house one year ago!

If you would have asked me two months ago, I would have said it only felt like we had lived in our house for about six months. But now that we have been getting back into all of the yard work, I am feeling more like it's been a year since I feel like I've done this before.

In this past year we have had roommates, got a second dog, had our roommates move out, had a flood, thrown a couple parties.

We have arranged the house, bought a new TV, put in a bigger doggie door, built a garden fence, painted, got new carpet downstairs.

I have decorated and redecorated.

We have been through a full year of seasons, complete with raking, shoveling, weed pulling. 

I have absolutely loved living in our house. I have really enjoyed making it our own, one small step at a time.

It has become such a home to me. I prefer it to any place in the world. I feel more comfortable in my house than my parents house. I couldn't wait to come home after being in Italy because I missed our house. 

Our house isn't absolutely perfect, but it is darn close and more importantly it is ours and we can make it even better as time goes on.

And I obviously have some big plans ahead:
  • We are planning on re-doing our deck this summer and sodding part of back yard. 
  • We WILL be getting our bedroom set.
  • My mom has graciously said she will give us my sister's desk, hutch and dresser for the nursery and hopefully getting to decorate that room :)
  • I am making progress on my office and craft room, which I will hopefully be able to do a basic reveal this next week
  • And I am sure there are a lot of little projects too!
I am looking forward to all of the things that will happen in this next year and the next thirty-ish years we live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...