Thursday, March 24, 2011

100 Days

Dylan and I's wedding is in 100 days!

I cannot believe we are getting so close! I am so excited to celebrate us as a couple and excited to see the efforts of all my planning from these last 10 1/2 months (plus the month and a half to go).

I have been so caught up in the house stuff and busy with work that I haven't sat down recently to truly appreciate the fact that Dylan and I will be getting married.

It's not about the decorations or the cake, or even about the people who will be there to celebrate the occasion, it really is about Dylan and I making a lifetime commitment to each other. In many ways we have already pretty thoroughly committed ourselves--financially, physically, and emotionally. Now we will do it legally, officially, and publicly.

It's more than that though. I don't know how to explain it. It's not that now we would have to go through much more of a process to separate or even that I will change my name.

Maybe it is that we love each other so deeply that we want to show this to everyone, be it at the wedding, or wearing a wedding ring, or being a Mr. and Mrs.

Maybe it is that we really want to spend the rest of our lives together and want to be together through everything that life will throw at us.

Maybe it is just part of the next step of forming my own family. I haven't lived at my parents house for a while now, but it really is giving away a daughter to a man and hoping he will take care of her as well or better than my parents did. Dylan and I will be a unit of our own, but forever part of both of our families.

Eitherway, I am excited to marry the love of my life and my best friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...