Monday, October 6, 2014

Pregnancy 2.0 Weeks 10 - 12

Let's get caught up! I cannot believe how busy my last two weeks have been! I normally book our weekends pretty solid, but I have had a lot of things going on during the week too, so I really haven't been near a computer outside of work hours.

Week 10:

I finally, maybe am feeling a little better. I think that is mostly because my running buddy was out of town this week, so I got to sleep in past 5am all week. 

One of my first cravings happened, Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies. I mentioned them to Dylan and he stopped and bought them for me on the way home. Such a good husband!

Dylan really has been a rock star! He has stepped up a lot and has been letting me get a little more down time. 

Generally I still hate picking food to eat, since nothing sounds good, besides cookies!

I am starting to get impatient for kicking! Last time I was pregnant I had an anterior placenta, so I didn't really get to feel Vander until around 23 weeks. Per online, I could feel the baby as soon as 13 weeks with this being my second. So that will be exciting! I won't find out until my next ultrasound at 12 weeks where my placenta is at. 

Week 11:

How does my stomach feel so small already?! Ugh I feel like I have heartburn all the time and my stomach is unhappy! Tums and Zantac are my BFFs already. 


All of my less tiredness from last week went out the window over the weekend since I woke up in the middle of the night for two and a half hours and then the next night I was the designated driver for my friends bachelorette party. Speaking of which, I would not recommend a strip club while pregnant. I am in the awkward "fat or pregnant?" stage, so that is not helpful when you are surrounded by mostly naked women in pole dancing shape. 


This week I realized one of the major benefits of having a second child, especially so close to your first. I already know what daycare the new baby will go to and what pediatrician we will use, which were such significant decisions the first time. 


Week 12:

My last surge of energy was apparently just a tease, I have definitely been back to bedtime right after Vander. I will eventually see Dylan again!

Apparently I didn't order my stuff for our announcement early enough to tell everyone this week on Facebook and this blog, so I guess I will just have to wait. That gives me ample time to make the necessary phone calls and texts after our appointment on Wednesday. 

Our appointment went well! I finally, finally feel like my fears are 97% gone! I shouldn't have been too concerned since clearly mommy's tummy has been growing but the little missy grew a lot too! It was absolutely amazing to see her. She was just hanging out and sleeping, then stretched her legs a little bit. It was beautiful. I couldn't believe how big she is already! As my doctor said, they pretty much just get bigger now, everything is all there and in place. This pregnancy finally feels comfortable now and while I previously had definitive moments of being in love with the little baby inside me, I feel infinitely more connected to her now that she has an actual shape and maybe a little more personality to me. 

Vander was always really busy in his ultrasounds, so I feel like this baby, boy or girl, might be a little more laid back (maybe like Dylan?). That could also be wishful thinking like the girl part! I hope she is at least just short of driving us too crazy where we still want a third kid. 

The heartbeat was 158, and everything was measuring right on track. The NT scan was right in the healthy range. 

We are both so excited and so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...