Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 38: Labor Prep

Most of this week has been about labor. Thinking about it and getting ready for it.

At my appointment this week (last Thursday) we didn't make any progress from last week, but he is all lined up and ready to go! She felt to get an estimate of how big he is and he is 7-7.5 pounds right now and will likely be 7.5-8 pounds when he is born. I only gained 1/2 pound this week! Just to indicate how much I love my doctor, this was the only time she commented on my weight and she commented that my weight gain wasn't much, but that weight gain does plateau at the end.
So now I am mostly just waiting for stuff to happen. I thought there might be a chance things were happening on Friday. I was having contractions about every 10-15 minutes, that were about 1 1/2 minutes long, but they weren't ever that uncomfortable or anything. And nothing came of it, so we are still waiting.

I just wish I actually knew what my body was doing. I get these weird feelings and contractions and I have no idea what is really going on. I pulled out my labor book to review what all is supposed to go on, but everything now seems so vague and it varies so much from person to person. I am just hoping it is obvious when labor actually starts.

We really are more and more prepared. We have the diaper bag packed, with a couple outfits, some newborn diapers, a pacifier, and his blanket. My bag is packed too. I have my breastfeeding book, book from our labor class, charger for our phones, toiletries (excluding glasses and hair brushes, which is the main reason why the bag will not just be hanging out in our car), some snacks, a dress for coming home in, some other things for me to wear, and clothes for Dylan. We will have a couple other things to put in it and have to have someone grab it for us if things go fast or start somewhere else.Sometimes I wish I knew when this whole thing was going to happen, but at the same time I am glad to not really know when it is happening so that I am not stressing out about a particular day or deadline.
I am starting to get really, really excited and therefore really impatient for him to be here. I blame this on hanging with a two week old baby on Saturday. She was absolutely beautiful. The little man was kicking at her, (or really just kicking since it was shortly after breakfast), and I told him that if he was jealous he just needed to come out so we could cuddle him instead. Most of my comments since Saturday have involved trying to convince him he wants to make his arrival. No luck yet...
I bought Dylan a present this weekend to thank him for all his help with the house and dealing with me these last 8 1/2 months, and also as an early Father's Day gift. He received a new set of golf clubs, a golf bag and golf gloves. He may be a little spoiled :)
He is so handsome :)
Hope this week isn't too long and this baby comes soon! I know we are all anxious to meet him :) I can't wait to actually give him a name. And to just hold him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...