Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week 22: It's Kicking!

I finally got to feel the little man move this week!

Friday night, around 10pm, I was sitting on the couch watching Once Upon a Time and had my hand on my belly (like I usually do) and felt a very distinctive kick right below my belly button! I felt a couple more kicks and prodded him a little bit to feel him a little more :)

I felt some more about the same time Saturday night. I was just hanging out and felt another couple kicks! I didn't feel anything Sunday (which is normal for this stage in the pregnancy, to not feel the baby all the time). I did feel him during the day Monday and again Monday evening, so it is getting more consistent :)

This week has been full of other experiences too. One major complaint of pregnancy is the heartburn. All this time I have felt lucky that I have never had heartburn. Well this weekend showed me just how wrong I was. I was having a consistent weird sensation near the top of my throat. I had felt this a couple of times over probably the last two or three years, but rarely. Well Saturday day and all of Saturday night, this sensation was pretty consistently happening. At 6:30am, when I finally gave up trying to sleep after tossing and turning and waking up at least every hour, I finally decided to try to Google it. I have self diagnosed myself with laryngopharyngeal reflux, also known as silent reflux. So instead of feeling the stomach acid near my heart, I feel it by my larynx, near the top of my throat. I am thinking this is indeed the case, since taking a Zantac (which is allowed on my pregnancy medication list) makes this weird sensation stop about 30 minutes later. I don't have a lot of the other symptoms, so who really knows.

I also have been dealing with being uncomfortable more often than before. I ended up reorganizing and cleaning the kitchen for around 6 hours (which, by the way, kitchens are disgusting! I couldn't believe how crumbs get everywhere in the cabinets). It ended up being a little too much apparently since my lower back and hips were still sore the next day. The last 24 hours have been all about awkward stretching and pulling in the belly region. I am starting to get big and I have no idea how my body is actually supposed to support the giant amount of weight working on protruding out of my body. So I guess it is working on that in addition to just growing.

The other things this week has been bringing in our nursery furniture! We were very fortunate to be able to get my sisters old bedroom furniture. It is white, so not very adult for her moving to her own place and starting her career up in Billings. We have the dresser and the desk with the hutch, which we will use as the changing table. I will be going into that more shortly.

It has been a good week and now I really feel like time is flying by! Twenty-two weeks tomorrow, that is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...