Thursday, April 5, 2012

Load 'Em Up!

The veggies that is! You remember from about two months ago when I talked about adding more vegetables to my diet, well it has been going great!

I don't know how or why I didn't eat more vegetables before! I have at least one serving with 90% of my lunches and dinners.

One of my favorites is broccoli but I have also introduced myself to cauliflower, which right now I know I like at least when it is steamed and covered in cheese. Peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, all delicious. I still am not a huge raw veggie fan, but with grilling season having already started last weekend, I can get grilled vegetables.

Now I truly feel that a meal is not complete unless I have some vegetables in it. I am still working on the less carbs thing, but the more veggies is definitely helping as I am realizing I can get moderately full from veggies and a small serving of carbs.

I have tried so many new things that I have really enjoyed (already that is a big step in my diet, trying more new things!).

I am one of those frozen-meals-for-lunch-at-work people and now all of my frozen meals include at least one serving of vegetables and they are delicious. One of my new favorites:
Source
One of my new lunches is the Jason's Deli Spud Au Broc which is a baked potato, broccoli and cheese soup and broccoli and cheese. Now I'm sure the calorie count is terrible, but I usually only go on days that I am super hungry (and want to get away from my desk and read whatever great book I am reading!).

New Village Inn find is the garden skillet. Eggs, potatoes, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and broccoli. Delicious.

I just want to say that it really isn't so bad as I thought it might be and I think that everyone should give it a good try because you will learn to love vegetables :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...