Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Dear


"Mr. Darcy: How are you this evening, my dear?
Elizabeth Bennet : Very well... although I wish you would not call me "my dear."
Mr. Darcy : [chuckles] Why?
Elizabeth Bennet : Because it's what my father always calls my mother when he's cross about something.
Mr. Darcy : What endearments am I allowed?
Elizabeth Bennet : Well let me think..."Lizzie" for every day, "My Pearl" for Sundays, and..."Goddess Divine"... but only on *very* special occasions.
Mr. Darcy : And... what should I call you when I am cross? Mrs. Darcy...?
Elizabeth Bennet : No! No. You may only call me "Mrs. Darcy"... when you are completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy.
Mr. Darcy : [he snickers] Then how are you this evening... Mrs. Darcy?
[kisses her on the forehead]
Mr. Darcy : Mrs. Darcy...
[kisses her on the right cheek]
Mr. Darcy : Mrs. Darcy...
[kisses her on the nose]
Mr. Darcy : Mrs. Darcy...
[kisses her on the left cheek]
Mr. Darcy : Mrs. Darcy...
[finally kisses her on the mouth]"

One of my favorite movies! Back in college I hardly made it more than a month without watching it. Now that Dylan and I both work 8-5 jobs, we have to agree on movies more often, so I haven't seen it in quite some time.

Dylan and I, like all couples, have nicknames for each other.

We usually call each other some variation of "Snugglebug," "Cuddlebug," "Lovebug" or just "Bug."

We also call each other "Love."

Sometimes we refer to each other as "husband" and "wife"

Sometimes Dylan calls me "Darling" or "My Darling" and those are my favorite. Something about the formalness, besides making me think of Pride and Prejudice, makes me feel like he is making that special effort to address me.

We are just so cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...