Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Blast to the Past

Post 27: Thankful for Halloween!

I have always been a fan of Halloween. I like picking out a costume. I love candy. I love carving pumpkins.

I do not like being scared though. So that means no scary movies and no haunted houses. One year, my friends watched Dawn of the Dead on Halloween. I spent the movie looking the other direction.

These are the costumes I have had over the years (grade in parenthesis). My mom did a great job when we were little. A lot of my costumes had personal touches to them. A personalized cape or hippie vest. My aunt made my Belle costume.

2011: Devil
2010: Pirate
2009: Supergirl
2008: Gangster
2007: Referee
2006: Pirate
2005: Nothing
2004: Nothing
2003: Goth Chick (10th)
2002: Princess (9th)
2001: Nothing
2000: Nothing
1999: Wizard (6th)
1998: Hippie (5th)
1997: Rockstar (4th)
1996: Clown (3rd)
1995: Ghost (2nd)
1994: Jasmine from Aladdin (1st)
1993: Belle from Beauty and the Beast (K)
I was also a witch when I was like two.


For candy, my favorites have always been Smarties, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (which I re-realized are a super favorite of mine, and I found the stash of minis at work, not good), 3 Musketeers and Snickers.

Dylan and I are looking forward to passing out candy this year. We haven't been home the last two years, so this will be our first year. We bought two big bags at Costco, so hopefully we have enough but not too much left over.

It is just a fun time of year that allows you to dress up, have fun, and enjoy the harvest season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...