Sunday, October 9, 2011

Colorado Colors

Day 8: Colorado in the Fall

I had never really driven around in the mountains during the leaves changing until this weekend. It was absolutely amazing. I could not stop taking pictures!

This weekend Dylan and I drove up to Salida to visit his aunt and uncle and then we headed over to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park and then back to Gunnison to hang out with Goosie for the night.

I made Dylan stop the car several times so that I could take pictures on our drives. Then we took a lot more at the Black Canyon too.

The purpose of the trip was for me to get our of the house during my five day unemployment (I really could never stay at home all the time!) and to get some pictures of the fall colors and the forecast changed for the weekend to include snow, so we also experienced our first snow of the season.

I am so thankful to live in a such an amazingly colorful state and to have an amazing husband to share it with who indulges my picture taking.












Black Canyon
 




 On the way back home

Such a great trip!

1 comment:

  1. I love Colorado! My sister lives in Denver and we go out a few times a year to visit. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...