Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Time to Celebrate (Part 1)

To continue with the wedding story, after the official part (the ceremony) comes the party!

You saw us get into our get away car before so after that we made it over to The Del Ray.

After some effort to line everyone up, we did our entrance to "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall & Oates.

 Then it was time to enjoy the food and everyone's company. We had all of our food catered by Annette's Catering and it was absolutely delicious! We had chicken Parmesan, lasagna, penne with alfredo or marinara sauce, Italian potatoes, and salad and bread of course.
 This is a great picture of the spread. It also shows our signature drinks - the Love Martini and a White Russian. Delicious!
 Here is a picture of the centerpieces. The candles ended up melting earlier than I hoped, but they looked cool.
 Dylan and I ate first and then went around to all of the tables to say hello. I think we made it to about 3/4 of the tables before everyone was pretty much done eating and it was time for toasts and cake.

I don't have any pictures of the toasts, but I guess they did get recorded on the video camera, (which Dylan and I still have to watch). They were all so great! I started tearing up with Goosie's speech and then I teared up even more so with my Dad's speech. Super cute!

Our cake was a fake-cake with only the top part being real for us to cut into.
 Here is our cake-topper we got the week before the wedding.
 Dylan and I waiting to cut the cake and a view of the spread of the cupcakes. Our flavors for the cupcakes were white wedding cake with buttercream, chocolate with white mint filling and chocolate ganache frosting and then pink champagne with buttercream frosting. Delicious :)

 We decided to go for the face. Dylan was super mean and got it ALL OVER my face and it got in my eye make-up. It came out well enough though, so no worries. Makes for a sweet picture.
 Then it was on to the first dance after people grabbed their cupcakes. We danced to "The Way You Look Tonight" by Tony Bennett. We picked it awhile back after some discussion. It was one of the songs Dylan gave me on the CD he gave me when we parted that first summer and of course it is super cute from My Best Friends Wedding.

 Then I had the father-daughter dance. We danced to "There She Goes" by The Las. My dad said the song always made him think of me since I am always on the go. My parents had taken dance classes last fall and they really came in handy! My dad did a fantastic job of dancing me all around the dance floor. It was a lot of fun.

That is all for part 1, we still have a lot more dance picture to show off so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...