Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Life Got Flipped-Turned Upside Down

Vander stared army crawling about two and a half weeks ago, and then last Thursday he started real crawling on his hands and knees.

Terrifying. Exciting too, since milestones are important and it is a great step for him to be more self-sufficient. Mostly terrifying.

We put up a gate at the top of the stairs (going from the upstairs to the main level) since that is right by his bedroom. It is literally drilled into a stud on one side, so hopefully it can withstand our chunk-a-monk baby. Since it will likely be up for the next approximately five or six years (with an anticipated two future babies), we figured we would commit to it.

I keep having dreams about Vander crawling off of our bed in the middle of the night. So I startle awake and reach on the bed for where he was in my dream. Turns out it was just Freya moving around. This has happened several times in the last two weeks. Like I said, this whole thing is terrifying. 

To up the ante, Vander pulled himself up to standing in the pack n play this last weekend when he was supposed to be napping. I called Dylan to make sure he lowered the crib to the bottom before Vander and I returned from our little trip to Omaha. This is what happened during bedtime tonight...


Since Vander can pull himself up onto things now, he is also trying to reach for EVERYTHING on the counters... 

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...