Saturday, October 13, 2012

Creativity Hibernation

I feel like I have had a lot of things going on recently and not a whole lot to show for it!

That means mostly that I have been busy having fun and making memories with friends and family, but it unfortunately means my creative side has been hibernating.

Back about two months ago I put up my toilet paper roll "art" (which I will totally blog about some day) and finally felt content about how decorated my house was. Sure there are still plenty of blank walls and I have a list of "some day" projects, but nothing is pressing at the moment. My house finally feels settled and lived in (in a good way). So I think my creativity, which in looking at my whole life, has been on over drive for the last two and a half years, finally felt full and satisfied and figured it deserved a nice long nap in the back of my brain.

Which is (mostly) fine by me! I have been too busy to have much time for projects. And like I said, I really like where my house is at right now. But I do miss having that extra sense of purpose and the enjoyment I get from making things.

For now though, I am definitely still on a mental break from it. I have even been spending less time on Pinterest the last couple weeks since I haven't had that drive for a project.

It obviously means I have been blogging less too. With less to show off, combined with less creative juices flowing, I have not needed as much of an outlet. There is a huge part of me that misses it and I am definitely looking forward to building it back into my routine within the next couple months.

In the mean time, I have been having fun with the puppies:
And my sister:
 And Tyler and Dylan:
And experiencing our first snowfall of the season:
And watching Ralphie at the CU-ASU game:
And generally being cute with the husband:

Life is good, even with my creativity on hibernation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...