Sunday, January 22, 2012

Easy Peasy Weekend

Dylan commented today that this is probably only the second weekend since we moved in that we really haven't done anything.

I am a busy person and struggle to sit on the couch all weekend and there is always so much to do!

Even if we don't start out with plans for the weekend, we spend a lot of time running around places, visiting people, being out and about, etc.

This was a more laid back weekend, not that we didn't do anything, it just was a LOT less busy than normal.

Friday we went over to my parents, ate leftovers and played Canasta. It is a card game and my parents got a set of the cards for Christmas (you use normal playing cards, these just have the points written on them). Quite a complicated game to learn the rules, but it was really fun. Dylan and I got our butts kicked, but ah well.

Saturday I went for a run in the morning with Freya. I've been trying to get back into running, and I did really well! Then we hung out on the couch, I did a little bit of picking up around the house (because I can't sit still). We headed over to my uncle's house to pick up a check and some tickets for a basketball game on Thursday where one of my cousins is being recognized. After visiting there for a little bit we ended up stopping to eat at a new-ish Mexican restaurant in our area. Amazing queso! We will definitely be back to try the margaritas :)

After lunch we went to Barnes and Noble, one of my favorite places. I added like 8 new books to my "to-read" list on Goodreads :) Of course one of them isn't on the Kindle... but I'm sure it will be eventually. We also looked through the Italy books to decide which one we wanted to buy to help us plan out the little details of our trip, etc.

We selected Rick Steve's Italy 2012:
I'm sure I'll share more on it later, but we selected it because it highlights what items are "most important" and even though the other book we liked had color photos, this one goes into more of the history behind places and people.

Saturday night we enjoyed watching The Help, which I had seen but Dylan hadn't. Such a great movie :)

Today (Sunday) we just hung out. We did the basic house cleaning and picked up the yard which is finally melting after having snow on the ground for like 2 months now. Then my dad come over and we watched football and we really upset the Patriots are going to the Superbowl, again. Then went to Applebee's for dinner with my parents to each use our $25 gift cards from Christmas.

It was a good weekend. I know that sounds like a busy weekend to most people and previously would have been a busy weekend for Dylan, but we were actually at home a lot and I had more than enough couch time.

How was your weekend? On the busy side or the laid-back side?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...