Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Making It Mine

I haven't had the time to show off our house since we put the offer on it. I took a couple pics this weekend to give everyone an idea of how we have made the house ours. Here's a couple before and after pics throughout the house.

The Master Bedroom before:


And After:

Before:
  
And After:


Right now it is set up to be practical mostly. In the first after picture the dresser at the right of the pic is there because that is where the cable cord is. In the second after picture, the dresser is there because that is the closest to the light switch for the light. It actually works pretty well, but I am excited for whenever we get our new bed set (which is always getting pushed back because of the cost). I love that I have room for a chair and definitely would like to keep a chair in there, for whenever I may have down time to read and then for when we have chillins.

Next room is the family room:
Before:

After:
I really like how the family room is set up. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the before pic did not use the space well and couch at the bottom right was right in the middle of the room. We have a good sized "hallway" to the back door and the family room feels like a good balance of cozy and open. The TV would at the bottom left of the picture. We bought a new TV stand and DVD case for the room and it all matches so well!

The Living Room:
Before:


After:

The before living room was terrible. Wicker furniture? Really? For the after, this room is still a sort of work in process, since we may rearrange it. This also shows one of our new additions, the piano! I cannot play yet, but it is now seriously on my to do list after the wedding. My cousin's girlfriend plays though, so it is getting used. We bought it from my parents next door neighbor who is moving a a result of a divorce. It's a really unfortunate situation, but at least the piano went to a good home.

The rest of the furniture is actually my cousin and his girlfriend's. Our old green couch is in my parents basement for now. I love their furniture, but we don't get to keep it and I really have no idea what all I want with this room. At least I don't have to worry about it for a while!

The Office:
Before:


After:

Right now the office is also another guest bedroom since my cousin and his girlfriend had two queen beds. This is also a good thing because now I don't have to decorate/decide what to do with this room for a while. Interesting this with this room and the guest bedroom, they seemed really small when we were moving in, even before we put furniture in, but once I got the rooms all set up they seem really big. I really like the set up though.

Guest Bedroom:

Before:


After:

This room is also huge after we moved everything in. I think I will center the bed and that will help make it cozier. Also, the lamp and cubes were put in there to put a lamp in with the light switch. The rooms all have ceiling fans with lights, but I prefer a light switch.

That is at least a little bit a tour of how we have set up the house! We have everything all unpacked and arranged, but it will definitely be a work in progress for a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...