Monday, December 26, 2011

2011: Now I am a Mrs.

I got married! Probably the biggest thing I did this year was get married. That had and has a lot of implication on what happened in 2011 and will happen going forward.

Yep, I have a husband now :) And I feel like I make a pretty good wife! We aren’t perfect, but we sure have a lot of fun! We do call each other “husband” and “wife” at home (usually at home, we try to restrain the cheesiness). I do consciously make an effort to be a good wife a lot of the time, which means something different to everyone I am sure. I keep the house clean, make sure we have food, make sure Dylan gets to make decisions, make sure we spend time together, manage our finances, plan our future. Being a wife is a lot of work! But I love every minute of it and I love having my amazing husband to cuddle next to at the end of the day. I really do think I feel closer with Dylan since we have gotten married. I don’t think I could explain it, but we are just that much more comfortable with each other and put that much more effort into “us”. I know we are still newlyweds, but I do love the married life.
New last name. I am definitely still getting used to it, but I love it! There are still a couple things I have not changed my name on, the biggest of which is my mortgage and the credit card. I’m not too worried about my car payment since that will only be around for a couple more years. The other is my email. This is more of a purging my emails and unsubscribing from things than getting everything set up on my new email.

A lot of awesome pictures. Which I am totally behind on! I still have another photo album to select photos for from my grandpa and then I have a lot of pictures I need to put in the house. I really want to try to have my wedding scrapbooks done by the end of next year, so I will need to get started on those soon (plus get my craft space in order so I have a place to actually work on them).

Great memories of the wedding. I had so much fun and still cannot believe it turned out so well! The entire weekend was absolutely one of the most fun times in my life. And I keep hearing compliments about how much fun the wedding was for everyone else too.
A lot of money spent. Without having actually added everything up, the total cost spent on the wedding was about $18K, with all but $4K of that from me and Dylan. We finally have it all paid off! I absolutely have no regrets about the amount spent (in fact I would have definitely spent more if I could have), but at the end of the day, it is still a lot.

Shiny new ring. I still love how it sparkles.
I love being married and still love thinking back to the wedding. A great addition to my 2011 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves comments :) I appreciate your response and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...